- A Canadian is merely an unarmed American in a colder climate. - Dwight Eisenhower
- Liberty is the prevention of control by others.
- It rankles me when somebody tries to force somebody to do something. - John Wayne
- If you mind your own business, you won't be minding mine. - Hank Williams
- Right-wing people talk because they have something to say. Left-wing people talk because they have to say something.
- I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. - Gen. George Patton
- A socialist wants a free fish each day and a capitalist goes fishing.
- A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, a debt he proposes to pay with your money.
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions - and has a lot of left turns in it. - Chinese Proverb/Canadian Proverb
- The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
- Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
- Academics promotion of political and intellectual freedom is selective.
- Do we really want to be carried from cradle to grave by this partisan bureaucratic monstrosity? Have we no faith in our natural strengths and abilities?
- Now and then an innocent man is sent to the House of Commons.
- World history establishes that a well-meaning liberal republic would enact gun control that later is useful to a dictatorship.
- There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except the bad man. - Charlton Heston
- Make sure what you risk is yours to lose.
- Socialism offers tangible bribes for its acceptance. We must tell the people that they themselves pay the bribe money.
- A leftist is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.
- Some things have to be believed to be seen. - Ralph Hodgson
- More laws? The good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?
- You can have peace. You can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Send To a Friend